About the Degree
General Education Requirements
CCV’s Business degree prepares you for a variety of career options in business, industry, government, and education. You can follow a traditional curriculum to prepare for employment in a corporate setting or select from courses that will help you develop the entrepreneurial skills necessary to own and operate your own small business. The popularity of small business ownership is well addressed in business courses at CCV, and the program provides ample opportunity for you to explore the possibilities for business ownership.
+ This program can be completed fully online.
Business Semester Map
Students in the Business degree program may choose to pursue one or more of the following certificates while obtaining their degree:
Graduates of the Business program will be able to:
- demonstrate the functional role of managers;
- describe how businesses operate and how markets behave, all within the context of a changing business environment;
- demonstrate ethical decision making;
demonstrate communication (oral, written, technological), team work and management skills;
- demonstrate the ability to gather information, frame business problems, and apply knowledge and theory to actual business situations;
- demonstrate academic skills required of all CCV graduates, including competency in writing, information literacy, oral communication, and quantitative reasoning; and
- explore pathways and demonstrate preparedness for educational and career development in the student’s field of study.
The Business program is great for you if:
- you are currently working in a business or want to work in a corporate or small business setting;
- you are interested in owning your own business;
- you have problem solving skills, can communicate effectively, are comfortable with technology, and enjoy management, marketing, and accounting; and
- you are interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business or Entrepreneurship.
Key information and advice for students in the Business program:
- CCV’s Business program prepares students for entry level supervision, management, and marketing positions in a variety of settings.
- Students may follow a traditional curriculum to prepare for employment in a corporate setting or select courses to develop entrepreneurial skills for small businesses.
- Students may use elective credits to build additional skills in areas such as accounting, technology, marketing, management or prepare for transfer to a 4-year program.
- The Business degree program shares many courses with CCV’s related certificate programs and associate’s degree in Accounting making stackable credentials or a double major a good choice for some students.
The Business program prepares you for careers such as:
- Human Resource Supervisor
- Investment Counselor
- Sales Manager
- Insurance Agent
- Finance Manager
- Account Manager
Job Outlook in Business in the state of Vermont:
For up to date Vermont labor market information, including salary information and growth projections, please visit the Economic and Labor Market Information at the Vermont Department of Labor Website.
CCV programs are designed to make transfer to a bachelor’s degree program seamless, easy, and affordable for graduates. CCV has agreements and 2+2 transfer pathways within the Vermont State College System (VSCS) and other institutions in Vermont and the region. Early planning can help you follow a clear transfer path.
Visit our transfer page for additional information.