About the Degree
General Education Requirements
In today’s marketplace, online channels play an increasingly critical role in a company’s overall marketing plan. Digital marketing allows businesses to leverage their websites in order to increase return on investment. You will develop skills in the placement and analysis of media through search engine marketing, search engine optimization, banner ads, email marketing, and mobile advertising. This program prepares you to create and manage an analytics program for web sites, optimize the effectiveness of site content, and manage the usability of the site interface and its navigational structure. You will learn how to analyze and understand data generated by web analytics reporting tools such as Google Analytics and to make suggestions for practical improvements that can be implemented in the web site to enhance visitor experience and company profitability. This program includes two full semesters of internships. You will be prepared to complete the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) test.
+This program can be completed fully online.
Graduates of the Digital Marketing program will be able to:
- design creative, practical, and efficient internet marketing solutions to directly drive results for a business;
- define, plan, and implement web analytics capabilities and perform ongoing improvements to analytics tool implementation;
- design and build custom reports to meet web analytics requirements;
- articulate and demonstrate knowledge of web analytics and business intelligence to clients in terms that are easy to understand and relevant to their business needs;
- successfully complete Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) test;
- demonstrate academic skills required of all CCV graduates, including competency in writing, information literacy, oral communication, quantitative reasoning; and
- explore pathways for educational and career development in the student’s field of study.
The Digital Marketing program is great for you if:
- you have an aptitude for technology;
- you like working with numbers;
- you are able to present information and ideas in writing;
- you enjoy working as part of a team;
- you are interested in web site analysis and consultation; and
- you wish to pursue a career immediately upon completion of an associate degree rather than pursuing a four year degree.
Key information and advice for students in the Digital Marketing program:
- Students will complete a program portfolio as part of both internship courses, which will be comprised of artifacts demonstrating students’ ability to design and build a simple website, establish metrics, analyze data, and implement analytics strategies.
- The Google Analytics Individual Qualification is a marketable credential in Google Analytics available to individuals who pass Google’s Analytics IQ test.
- This is the only Digital Marketing AAS program in Vermont, and the New England region.
- This program was developed in partnership with Vermont employers specializing in content management, branding, web development, and market research.
- Most courses in this program are available in an online format.
The Digital Marketing program prepares you for careers such as:
- Web Analytics Specialist
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Internet Marketer
Job outlook in Digital Marketing in Vermont:
Note: This is an emerging field, so salary information and job growth data for digital marketing-specific occupations are unavailable. This list represents salary and growth data for similar fields.
| Media and Communication Workers
|| $43,100 nationwide*
| Web Developers
| no trend data
* No data exist specific to Vermont
Source: Vermont Department of Labor, http://www.vtlmi.info/occupation.cfm