About the Degree
General Education Requirements
The Administrative Management program prepares you for entry-level professional positions in a variety of settings. The program provides you with the skills necessary to manage administrative processes. You also enjoy the flexibility to explore opportunities in various career fields.
Graduates of the Administrative Management program will be able to:
- use information technology to create, edit, and format business documents including, but not limited to, reports, correspondence, and presentations;
- describe and discuss human resource management functions;
- demonstrate the ability to use financial functions to complete administrative management tasks including, but not limited to, budgets, journals, financial statements, and payroll documents;
- demonstrate academic skills required of all CCV graduates, including competency in writing, information literacy, oral communication, and quantitative reasoning; and
- explore pathways for educational and career development in the student’s field of study.
The Administrative Management program is great for you if:
- you are currently working in or have interest in managing an office, supervising staff, or being an administrative or executive assistant;
- you have problem solving skills, can communicate effectively, are comfortable with technology, and enjoy administrative tasks;
- you want to gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace; and
- you may be interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management.
Key information and advice for students in the Administrative Management program:
- CCV’s Administrative Management program prepares students for office management positions in a variety of settings.
- Electives in the program allow students to explore administrative careers in fields such as business, technology, allied health, and education.
- This is a great program for transfer to a 4-year school for full time students in Human Resource Management.
- This program helps prepare students for the Certified Administrative Professional exam.
The Administrative Management program prepares you for careers such as:
- Office Manager
- Executive and Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Human Resource Assistant
- Staff Supervisor
Job outlook in Administrative Management in the state of Vermont:
|Customer Service Representative
|Executive and Administrative Assistants
Source: Vermont Department of Labor, http://www.vtlmi.info/oic.cfm
For more information about special transfer agreements between CCV and other colleges, visit our transfer page.
Visit www.vtcolleges.org to learn about additional bachelor degree options in Vermont.