About the Degree
General Education Requirements
CCV’s Accounting program prepares you for entry-level positions in a variety of settings. It is a first step in a transfer pathway to a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance, and it provides foundational academic requirements for professional certifications such as CPA licensure. In addition to taking courses in accounting, you will gain a broader knowledge of the business environment by studying technology, communication, and business law. If you are interested in Vermont’s licensing requirements for accounting, visit www.sec.state.vt.us/professional-regulation.aspx for more information.
+ This program can be completed fully online.
Graduates of the Accounting program will be able to:
- identify, explain, and apply generally accepted accounting principles and managerial concepts to specific accounting and reporting issues;
- demonstrate competency in computer skills, including computerized accounting systems and spreadsheet software;
- prepare accurate financial statements, schedules and reports, and conduct appropriate analyses to determine financial impacts upon an organization;
- demonstrate academic skills required of all CCV graduates, including competency in writing, information literacy, oral communication, and quantitative reasoning; and
- explore pathways and demonstrate preparedness for educational and career development in the student’s field of study.
The Accounting program is great for you if:
- you are currently working or have interest in working in finance, public accounting, corporate accounting, or banking;
- you are interested in gaining an understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data;
- you want to gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace; and
- you may be interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in this field.
Key information and advice for students in the Accounting program:
The Accounting program prepares you for careers such as:
- Staff Accountant
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Payroll Administrator
Job outlook in Accounting in the state of Vermont:
For up to date Vermont labor market information, including salary information and growth projections, please visit the Economic and Labor Market Information at the Vermont Department of Labor Website.
The Vermont State Colleges System’s (VSCS) Direct Admissions program gives CCV students guaranteed transfer admission to Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, or Vermont Tech. Direct Admissions students follow course maps that ensure classes taken apply to both their bachelor and CCV associate degree, saving them time and money.
CCV also has transfer agreements with 4-year colleges and universities throughout Vermont. Visit our transfer page for additional information and to view all of our transfer maps on one Excel spreadsheet.