About the Degree
General Education Requirements
The Multimedia Communications program blends creativity and technology in dynamic and rewarding work. You will create and design materials with moving and still images, text and sound in order to reach and engage varied audiences. Through coursework that combines hands-on technological savvy with opportunities for inventive and analytical thinking, you’ll develop skills in prioritizing, planning, and producing digital projects. In developing your abilities to use media as a transformative tool for self-expression, learning, persuasion, entertainment and interaction, this program will prepare you for a variety of exciting employment opportunities or continued study at the bachelor’s degree level.
Graduates of the Multimedia Communications program will be able to:
- demonstrate strong and varied skills in all aspects of communication, including oral, written, visual, and web-based contexts;
- apply the knowledge and skills associated with multimedia technology to develop high quality, effective products, including the ability to engage audiences with sound, music, text, still and moving images, and interactivity;
- reflect critically and cogently on the use of multimedia technology as a powerful tool for self-expression, learning, persuasion, and collaboration;
- develop a portfolio of finished work that is displayed in a professional manner and effectively integrates content and form;
- demonstrate academic skills required of all CCV graduates including competency in writing, information literacy, oral communication, and quantitative reasoning; and
- explore pathways for educational and career development in the student’s field of study
The Multimedia Communications program is great for you if:
- you want to turn your passion for interactive media into a career;
- you enjoy working with your hands to create digital media;
- you currently work or have experience working in web or other interactive design;
- you are comfortable using computer-based tools to create visual, time-based and interactive art; and
- you are preparing for a career in media communication, technology for teaching & learning, or interactive design.
Key information and advice for students in the Multimedia Communications program:
- Transfer agreements facilitate moving on to a four-year program.
- The Multimedia Communications degree provides hands-on experience in a variety of digital media.
- Students will learn foundational skills that support their work in web-based communication.
- The required course will expose students to the multimedia development process.
- Students will create a portfolio of work that can be used to support application into a bachelor’s degree program or direct employment.
- The associate of arts degree in Multimedia Communications is the perfect balance of liberal arts courses and workplace preparation that will allow students to further their education in a four-year program or enter the workforce at an entry level.
The Multimedia Communications program prepares you for careers such as:
- Content Editor/Developer
- New Media Developer
- Online Producer
- Web Publisher
- Multimedia Designer
- Multimedia Educational Specialist
Job outlook in Multimedia Communications in the state of Vermont:
Projected Growth (10 Yrs)
|Multimedia Artists and Animators*
|Video Game Designer*
Sources: *Vermont Department of Labor, http://www.vtlmi.info/oic3.cfm
**National Projections, O*Net Online (US Dept of Labor),
For more information about special transfer agreements between CCV and other colleges, visit our transfer page.
Visit www.vtcolleges.org to learn about additional bachelor degree options in Vermont.